Looking for an Exciting Opportunity?
Join the Wahlquist & Company Team of Professionals!
ACCOUNTANT - SENIOR/MANAGER
Growing West L.A. firm seeks an ambitious, self-motivated individual with 5 - 8 years of recent public accounting experience. The individual will play a central role in advising clients throughout various stages of their organizational growth. The candidate must be passionate about their work, dedicated to achieving results, committed to educational development, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. The position offers a great opportunity for personal growth, advancement, and provides partnership potential.
Wahlquist & Company specializes in servicing closely held businesses. We approach each engagement with the philosophy that the accounting department integrates the production, sales, operations, and management areas of an organization, and is therefore central to a company's success. We believe that by creating, supporting, and maintaining a strong accounting dept we help enhance the value of our clients' businesses. In order to fulfill this goal, we are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded accountant who is willing to operate under our philosophy.
Must demonstrate advanced accounting skills with a keen, thorough attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (CPA required)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks with limited supervision
- Team player with solid communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Experience with accounting software including costing systems
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interface with various clients
The candidate will "own" each engagement from its inception to completion, including: Project design & scope, scheduling, budgeting, technical compliance, project management and attentive client service. Must possess versatile skills to operate in a general practice environment with primary responsibilities as follows:
- Financial Statement audits, reviews and compilations
- Business consulting
- Systems planning and review
- Tax preparation and planning for corporate, partnership, and individual clients
- Software/Hardware design and system implementation
- Litigation support
- Business valuation/financial analysis
- Projection/forecasts/financial modeling
- Tax/Estate planning and research for individuals, principals and their businesses
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT
Please email resume in Word format and include current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wahlquist & Company is a small and growing Los Angeles based certified public accounting and business-consulting firm. For more than 20 years, we have focused our expertise and resources to provide the highest quality industry-specific assurance, tax and business consulting services to organizations throughout Southern California.